12 New Patches by Rowland Rose

Here are 10 custom Parva patches I’ve made. Half are inspired by tutorials on synth design that I’ve found online, the other half are just me playing with parameters until something interesting happens. I’ve assigned a normal pitch-bend amount for them all, plus something interesting with the mod-wheel for each. Bass, pad and lead are all covered. I’m only scratching the surface of what this machine can do I’m sure.

These are tested working on firmware 0.62, voicecard 0.64. They take up B30 to B39.

B30 BASSICK.syx (453 Bytes)
B31 GENTLE.syx (453 Bytes)
B32 WOWCRY.syx (453 Bytes)
B33 URGENT.syx (453 Bytes)
B34 CLEAN LEAD.syx (453 Bytes)
B35 SAW POLY.syx (453 Bytes)
B36 LAID BACK.syx (453 Bytes)
B37 ICE CAVE.syx (453 Bytes)
B38 PALACE.syx (453 Bytes)
B39 DARK ARRIVAL.syx (453 Bytes)

UPDATE: Here are two more!

B40 MEGA BLADE.syx (453 Bytes)
B41 TRAVELER.syx (453 Bytes)

Rowland. These patches are very nice. Esp. The clean lead. Do you have any more you can share?

Thanks! I do not at the moment, but I do want to make more, and when I do I’ll share them here.

Hey! Just got my Parva yesterday, so forgive the noob question–how do I load these?

The patches are sysex files – just use any sysex utility to send them to the Parva. A couple of good choices are SysEx Librarian for Mac or MIDI-OX for PC.

Awesome, worked like a charm, thanks!

Hey–so actually, I was able to load the patches to the Parva but they seem corrupted, somehow. All the Range and Fine values for all the oscillators are negative, and none of them make noise. Flipping all negative values to their corresponding positive values doesn’t produce any sound, either, but selecting shipped or my own homebrewed patches work just fine. Any ideas on what’s going on?

Does this one work? B30 BASSICK-edit.syx (455 Bytes)

B30 BASSICK.syx (455 Bytes)
B31 GENTLE.syx (455 Bytes)
B32 WOWCRY.syx (455 Bytes)
B33 URGENT.syx (455 Bytes)
B34 CLEAN LEAD.syx (455 Bytes)
B35 SAW POLY.syx (455 Bytes)
B36 LAID BACK.syx (455 Bytes)
B37 ICE CAVE.syx (455 Bytes)
B38 PALACE.syx (455 Bytes)
B39 DARK ARRIVAL.syx (455 Bytes)
B40 MEGA BLADE.syx (455 Bytes)
B41 TRAVELER.syx (455 Bytes)

Yeah, that sure did! What’s up?

There was an inconsistency between the patch dump and store functions in one firmware rev, which caused patches to be mis-aligned. I’ve fixed these files and re-uploaded them in my previous comment. If you run into this in the future, this utility will fix it.

Awesome, I appreciate it.